I love food, and it shows! Picking favorites is a little hard, but I’ll do my best here.
1. Chinese. My favorites would have to be Lettuce Wraps, Mongolian Beef, some sort of stir-fry with sugar-snap peas and eggrolls. Favorite restaurants would have been New Peking (closed) and PF Chang’s.
2. Pizza. And not just any pizza, but gourmet pizza. There is a privately owned pizza place here in my town called Giovanni’s, and they have the greatest flavors to their pizzas. Its probly not very healthy – in fact I’m sure it isn’t. But oh, the flavor!
3. My mom’s lasagna. I’ve had many different lasagnas, but my mom’s is by far the best!
4. Breakfast. All of it. Eggs, pancakes, waffles, biscuits and gravy, french toast, bacon, sausage, raisin toast, muffins, coffee and orange juice (but not all at once). I’d have to say my favorite place to get breakfast is Midtown Cafe in Newton, IA. They make some amazing omelets!!!
5. Ribeye steak. On the grill. Its the only way to eat one.
6. Mexican food, specifically fajitas, tacos and guacamole!
7. Homemade Beef Stew. I make it a little different each time, but I always make it in the crockpot and let it cook for 6-8 hours. I love it when the beef is falling apart on the fork and nice a juicy.
8. Chicken. Pretty much any way. Barbequed and on the grill, rotisserie, lemon pepper or rosemary,
and so many more!
9. Bread pudding is a weakness of mine. Made with raisins and maybe some apples. Nice and gooey and warm! YUM!
10. Fresh fruit. Apples, pineapple, peaches, bananas, oranges and berries.
Day 11 – My 10 Favorite Foods
*written for the 30-Day Blogging Challenge.