The leaves have all fallen off the trees. The days continue to grow shorter and the nights longer. The gift shopping is all done, and school winter break is quickly approaching. All signifying the end of the calendar year. Many changes have happened this year for me and my family. Starting in November 2013 through December 2014:
– Sean and I got engaged.
– We brought Penny (dog) into our family.
– My sister attended her senior prom and finished high school.
– My sister also came to live with us for a while, to later move out.
– Complications arose with my living situation, and I looked for nearly a year for a place to which we could all to move.
– During our housing desperation, Penny found a new home.
– I got a job outside the home for the first time in 12 years, working at a vet clinic.
– We brought Salem (cat) into our family.
– We found our rental home and moved in.
– Sean and I got married.
– Penny came back.
There were a lot of emotional ups and downs within the year. It was hard for all of us at times. But things are settled, and with all the changes comes a new attitude. Personally, I am more secure and stable than I have been ever before in my life.
I am very pleased with my job and the potential for advancement. I love working with animals! It doesn’t feel like work I enjoy it so much.
Also, I am very content with my relationship. I trust that this one will work out – if I wasn’t, I wouldn’t have married him. He is my best friend, the one who knows me better than anyone else. We have had our love tested and strengthened over the last few years, and we know there is no one either of us would rather spend our lives with.
I have the confidence I have never had. And that confidence has given me what I need to be a better woman, a better mom, and a better friend to those who have stuck with me.
As for what I hope for in 2015 – I hope for more of the same. The continued stability and happiness we have now as a family, and the comfort of knowing that is the way it will stay. For me, I’d like to reduce my hours spent on Facebook and other social media. And I’d like to spend more time face-to-face with those I care about. I know those are not traditional “resolutions,” but that is because resolutions never have follow-through.
What are some of your highlights of this year and hopes for the coming year? To answer you can either type a comment or use this opportunity to share a link to your own blog post about it.