– 2 bags (16 oz each) frozen tater tots
– 1 lb lean ground beef (or ground turkey)
– 1 package taco seasoning mix
– 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
– 1 cup salsa
– Shredded lettuce
– Sour cream and guacamole, if desired
Heat oven to 425°F. Line cookie sheet with sides with foil or cooking parchment paper. Place frozen potatoes on cookie sheet. Bake as directed on bag.
Meanwhile, in 10-inch skillet, cook beef over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly cooked; drain. Add taco seasoning mix and water. Cook about 2 minutes or until hot.
Sprinkle potatoes with beef mixture and cheese. Bake 3 to 5 minutes longer or just until cheese is melted. Top with remaining ingredients. Serves 6!
This is a slight variation from the original recipe, found here.