I have decided to participate in the Grimoire Challenge and The Pagan Experience to help with my writing this year, as well as rediscovering my spirituality. I have gotten completely off track, and have been some of an atheist over the last year or so, not really knowing what I believe in, if anything. Logically and psychologically I know that religion and spirituality are important for people. It’s important for mental health, and it’s important for a sense of belonging. That’s my point of view on it anyway. I thought I was fine without honestly, until I started having more health issues recently. And even though my health issues aren’t necessarily serious, it started me on the path of thinking about my own mortality. And with a lack of belief in anything, I have started to feel more and more lost. So this year I want to work on finding my path again. I don’t know where it will take me, or if I’ll even consider myself Pagan anymore by the time I find it. But I want to use this year and these “challenges” to help make myself whole again.
In my writing journey, I want to:
- define my understanding of life
- define my understanding of the afterlife
- acknowledge a higher power
- develop a plan of worship/prayer/spellwork/communication
- define my morals and ethics
- find a group of like-minded people to share experiences, wisdom and conversation with
- continue to learn and grow through reading, conversations, writing, and mediation, documenting my progress along the way
I am not promising to write every day, or even every week. With my busy schedule it can be challenging to stick to a schedule outside of work, kids and pets. But I do want to post at least every 2 weeks (or at least 25 times) in 2016 on the topic of spirituality.
Here’s to a productive 2016!