Looking for new recipes to try out on our new BBQ grill, I came across this gem on Food.com. Sounds scrumptious, so I thought I’d share.
– 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh lime zest
– 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
– 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
– 1⁄2-1 teaspoon salt
– 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
– 2 tablespoons olive oil
– 2-3 tablespoons fresh squeezed lime juice
– 3 cloves garlic, minced
– 1 lb shelled deveined uncooked shrimp
1. Mix together the first 8 ingredients in a bowl.
2. Add shrimp; toss to coat.
3. Let stand at room temperature for 10 minutes to marinate.
4. Thread shrimp on metal skewers; reserve marinade.
5. Place skewered shrimp on grill over medium heat.
6. Cook 3-7 minutes or until shrimp turn pink, turning once and brushing with marinade occasionally.
– 2 bags (16 oz each) frozen tater tots
– 1 lb lean ground beef (or ground turkey)
– 1 package taco seasoning mix
– 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
– 1 cup salsa
– Shredded lettuce
– Sour cream and guacamole, if desired
Heat oven to 425°F. Line cookie sheet with sides with foil or cooking parchment paper. Place frozen potatoes on cookie sheet. Bake as directed on bag.
Meanwhile, in 10-inch skillet, cook beef over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly cooked; drain. Add taco seasoning mix and water. Cook about 2 minutes or until hot.
Sprinkle potatoes with beef mixture and cheese. Bake 3 to 5 minutes longer or just until cheese is melted. Top with remaining ingredients. Serves 6!
This is a slight variation from the original recipe, found here.
Crash Hot Potatoes
– Boil some baby potatoes (red pictured) until fork tender.
– Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
– Drizzle olive oil on a baking sheet, set potatoes on sheet and using a potato masher, gently smash each potato down, rotating masher both ways (so it looks like a thick cookie).
– Drizzle with olive oil, season with salt/pepper and sprinkle cut fresh herbs and garlic over each.
– THEN top with some lovely grated Parmesan cheese.
– Bake for 20 minutes.
Crispy on the outside, soft in the middle, salty, garlicky, herby and cheesy goodness. 🙂
Found on and shared from Columbia Guarino.
Movie night treat: Marshmallow Caramel Popcorn!
– 1/2 c. brown sugar
– 1/2 c. butter
– 9-10 marshmallows
– 12 c. popcorn
Microwave brown sugar and butter for 2 minutes. Add marshmallows. Microwave until melted, 1 1/2 to 2 minutes. Pour over popcorn and stir in.
Multiply recipe as needed for more servings. Yum!
Found on and shared from Couponing For 4.
Homemade Ranch Dressing from DIY Natural
(Makes 1½ cups of dressing)
¾ cup organic sour cream
½ cup whole milk, preferably from pasture-raised cows
1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
½ teaspoon real sea salt (find it here)
½ teaspoon organic onion powder (find it here)
½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper (find organic peppercorns here)
⅛ teaspoon dried organic dill (find it here)
⅛ teaspoon organic garlic powder (find it here)
-Stir together milk and lemon juice in a small bowl. Set aside for about 5-10 minutes. (This is the cheater’s version of buttermilk. I don’t use real buttermilk because I like to use lemon juice anyway – it adds a nice zing to this dressing.)
-Combine milk mixture and sour cream in a medium sized bowl, whisking until smooth.
-Add dry ingredients and whisk until thoroughly combined.
-Transfer dressing to a jar with a tight-fitting lid and refrigerate.
-Shake before each use. Keeps for at least a few weeks in the refrigerator (if you can make it last that long in your house).